In accordance to the latest updated Government COVID-19 secure guidelines (04/01/2021), all British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) members fall under: Medical and dental services or ‘other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health’.
Therefore as a member of the BAcC we are still allowed to stay open and treat patients in Tier 5/lockdown. I am following the BAcC phase 3 and treating patients who fall under the category: ‘Urgent care and high needs’. This means anyone who has ‘physical or mental distress’, so anyone who is affected in their mental health or in chronic pain etc.
If there are any changes in the Government guidelines I will inform you as soon as possible.
When you arrive you will be shown to an area where you can wash your hands and the new hygiene and safety procedures will be explained to you.
There are social distancing measures in the communal areas.
Your acupuncturist may be wearing some form of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you may be asked to wear a protective mask. Even if you have not been asked to wear a mask, please bring your own.
Visitors are asked to please
• arrive at your appointment on time (not early or late)
• follow all advice displayed
• leave accessory items (bags and coats) in the car, or travel with as little as possible
• not to bring friends or family for your appointment unless a chaperone, parent or carer is required
• try to pay by contactless card or online (if available); we are encouraging cashless payments
If you, or anyone in your household are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we politely ask that you do not attend your appointment.
• high temperature
• new continuous cough
• loss of smell or taste
Thank you for your patience and understanding
For more information: